Internet of Business (IoB)
The goal of Internet of Business (IoB) project is to develop a secure and standardised network based on real-time economy concept, where all business transactions are in digital format, generated largely automatically and completed in real time. IoB project continues based on the positive financing decision of CEF Telecom 2016 Programme: eInvoicing proposal round.
Length of the project: 01.06.2017 – 31.08.2018
- MTÜ ITL Digital Lab
- Telema AS
- Eesti Post AS
- Tieto Estonia AS
- Tieto Finland OY
- Latvian Information and Communication Technology Association (LIKTA)
- EU standards (EU Norm) will be introduced and adapted into the already existing systems of service providers. By creating a connection with Europe and adapting EU standards,
the project meets the requirements of the European Commission e-Invoicing Directive 2014/55/EU and enables the secure operation of national and cross-boarder transactions between private and public sector.
- Two seminars will be held in Estonia within the project: in autumn 2017, the content, goals and planned results of the project will be introduced. In addition, an overview about the OpenPEPPOL network will be given as well as thorough explanations about the changes users might face when the network is connected with service providers. In spring 2018, an overview of the project results and further timetable will be given. Users will be informed about the upcoming changes and possibilities after the OpenPEPPOL network has been connected with the service providers.
- Integration with Estonia’s X-Road: all four service providers will be interfaced with Estonia’s X-Road with a goal to establish a so-called direct connection between OpenPEPPOL network and Estonian public sector.
- PEPPOL BIS v3 compatibility: a large-scale process of mapping out the formats of the documents used in national and OpenPEPPOL network and enabling the compatibility between them.
- Creating PEPPOL Access Point and enabling compatibility with Service Metadata Publisher (SMP): the three service providers taking part of the project will be turned into PEPPOL Access Points, which means they will be turned into official members of OpenPEPPOL network and enables to send and receive documents using eInvoicing and eDelivery services. Service providers will also be connected with SMP, which in OpenPEPPOL network refers to the party exchanging information of the addressees.
16.11.2017 e-invoicing workshop materials
18.04.2018 e-invoicing workshop materials
e-invoices through x-road (in Estonian)
The execution of the project’s activities is supported by INEA (The Innovation and Networks Executive Agency).